Knight Blades Forums
Eiren's Discovery - Printable Version

+- Knight Blades Forums (https://knightblades.net/l1v1ng1nmym0m5b8s3m3nt)
+-- Forum: The Awakening (https://knightblades.net/l1v1ng1nmym0m5b8s3m3nt/forumdisplay.php?fid=293)
+--- Forum: Official Knight Blades Announcements (https://knightblades.net/l1v1ng1nmym0m5b8s3m3nt/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+--- Thread: Eiren's Discovery (/showthread.php?tid=5525)

Eiren's Discovery - Davis - 02-16-2018

Eiren was bored.  Bored. Bored. Bored. 

The snow’s mostly gone, why haven’t we set off again?  Her thoughts ran through her head.   Oh c’mon already! 

She notices the guides and scouts conversing with Aster.  Oh, this looks interesting, she thinks, as she starts to pad her way over.  Suddenly she feels a tug on her ear.  “Ow!’”  Sans gives her a look and says, “Don’t go meddling over there.  They probably shouldn’t be disturbed.”  With a plaintive harrumph, she did as he advised.

How is he not bored? She thought.  He sits there all day looking like he’s sleeping.  Then, he always stops me from doing something fun!  How?!

Aster clears her throat and calls for attention.  “The snow is passable.  It’s not ideal, but we need to go now.  The guides hope we can be there soon.  Worst case is about twenty to twenty-five days.   Gather your things, we leave in under an hour.”

How does she do that?  Eiren thinks.  She’s always smiling, well she smiles more than anyone lately.  She takes a look around the lodge and can’t believe how boring this place has been.  I better leave some type of note to warn others.  She gets some parchment from Seth.  Asks everyone for a quill and some ink.  With a nod from Agathorn, Evandra brings some to her.  Eiren writes something out and returns the borrowed items, remembering to say thank you.

Now, she thinks, where should I leave this?  She paces around the lodge.  Colin gives her a cursory look as she passes by.  She stops near Feliks, he seems sad, muttering in his native language.  He’s scratched something in the dust… Moja tawerna … “What’s that Feliks?”  He brushes it away, “Oh, nothing.”

She looks over by the Ravager shrine in the corner of the lodge.  She doesn’t even want to go near it.  It smells like urine.  She thinks Darkmoon has been peeing on it in the wee hours.  “Ha!!” she laughs out loud at her own pun.  No one pays her any mind.

There’s only one place she hasn’t really looked yet.  Behind the Tapestries.  She lifts back the one by the door and notices an old bulletin board.  Everyone’s outside, ready to go, and they’re yelling for her.  She wants to read the old postings but there isn’t any time.  Scout, Loki, and a few others run in and tell her to get moving.  She hastily sticks her note on the board and runs out after them.

After a long day and night of walking through various depths of snow and mud, the group is led to another abandoned building.  It feels like five in the morning.  They file in and claim their spots.  This looks like an old tavern, Eiren thinks.  She wanders around looking for a nice spot to sit, and notices something on the wall.  It can’t be…

“Um, guys?  I think I found something!” she exclaims!

Various utterances of “not again”  “really”  “ya don’t say”  “huzzah” resound from the group and none of them seem too sincere to her.

“Hey!  Look at this!  I really found something!!!”

Few gather around her and she points to a bulletin board.  On a stack of parchments, the top one looks new.

Selysa reads aloud … Eiren was here.  Save yourself, this place is boring.