Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trap question
I had this stupid idea about making a foam bear trap... If I made this would it be able to be used as like a pin if it gets set off?

It'd be pretty freakin cool lol
Could I cut off my own foot to get out of said foam bear trap?
We don't have anything like that in the rule book. We have the traps and what there effects are. With that being said, I will speak to the others, unless Jay sees this and makes the decision on it.
Ehhhhh...I ain't staff and as neat as idea that sounds; I gotta pose a hypothetical here. Picture this, you lay your lovingly crafted foam bear trap inside your cabin. Carlos is NPCing Stabby the Death Assassin and creeps into your cabin to perform his namesake upon you. Haha, your trap is sucess! But alas, Stabby has the trap avoidance skill rendering the trap useless. IRL though, Carlos has this foam thing attached to his leg. His momentum has him continueing catching the edge of the trap on the corner of a bunk or cabin deritus, sending him into a catastrophic tumble causing traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage. Now Carlos has to poop in a bag and he forgot how to do math.
Uhmmm...on second read, that sounds a lot harsher than I intended. Sorry bout that. Point still stands though. I can't personally see something like that as Larp safe. Not my call though.
I agree, but I can't out right say no, since it all comes down to the Big Boss Man...and I don't mean the dead wrestler. I refer to the other, other, other bald guy.
We cannot have traps that actually entangle someone. That would definitely be a safety hazard.
Jay
Knight Blades Staff

“Did you read the rulebook?”
Got it thanks guys.
What about a foam bear trap with a loud bang snap inside but the bear trap itself would be a flat non moving squishy object. So you would know if it 'trapped' you with the loud bang snap sound? Or would that be too easy in the dark to just take as loud bang snap trap damage and not knotice the bear trap mechanic.
Could still be a tripping hazard, trust me, I'm a kluts. I should know.