Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hail Clandesta
As fun as it was to have amnesia for a few days it's good to be back. It was a thrill defending one of the worst places I've ever been in my life and I look forward to doing it again.

I'd also like to use these boards to formally announce my presence as a follower of Clandesta; and offer my public voice as a resource in her name.

In my personal experience, other followers of the Grey Lady tend to prefer blending into the crowd. Admirable, but never my preference. Should those of you who hide read this message, I advise you to send me a private courier.

Remember, secrets kept all to yourself do Clandesta no good.

-Balo
Well that's a unique way to worship
Truly no end to the surprises in this town
Your ideals for following the god of stealth and secrets are certainly... unique.
I'll be honest, if I were a Clandesta follower, I would not announce myself to someone (anyone) who follows your interpretation of the God's portfolio.
Keeping every single thing a secret forever is "preservation of knowledge", and I don't worship Urgo.

I was raised to understand that all secrets must eventually be revealed, and not all secrets are worth keeping. My place as a public figure in my god's worship enables her followers to be connected through me, when they may accidentally stay hidden from one another.

Clandesta is not a dark god, even the noble have secrets they keep in the name of the greater good. I see no reason for the town to shun her followers.
No mention of shunning followers of any god was mentioned. No mention of Clandesta being a dark god was made.
The preservation of knowledge is made through documentation, experience, record, etc. Urgo does not keep secrets. Clandesta does keep secrets.
These are facts. Perhaps you should consider a change in diety warship to Urgo if the spread of information is your goal.
May nexus clear your mind and offer you logic and reason.
Don't forget brother
Clandesta is also the Goddess of lies and deception
She is complex
But these are good intentions, despite them being esoteric, I encourage them.
And so it begins ...
If a townsman requests a sword from me, I have two options. I can use a schematic or I cannot. If I use a schematic I will get the very same result every time, but if I do not, i may get a HUNDRED different results.

There are countless ways to make a blade and none of them are right or wrong (I mean unless you make a sword that doesn't do sword things like cut, that's kind of important to being a sword). I may choose to make a sword with a blade of obsidian, and even though YOU may not want to wield it - it's still a sword.

I guess beliefs are a lot like that, right? Some people like to follow the schematics and others like to be a little creative in their approach. In the end, as long as the person your selling your blade to loves it - then who cares how you made it!
Logic, would sometimes dictate that a lie is in the best interest of a greater good. Nexus keeps secrets.

Urgo, I'm sure, would rather a scroll be buried and hidden in the name of preservation of knowledge than destroyed. Urgo most certainly keeps secrets.

My point is, everyone, and their Gods, keep secrets. The others who follow Clandesta simply see their value. I'm no more likely to lie to fellow townsfolk than the next. Compulsive liars, in my experience, make for awful followers of the Grey Lady.

Every God deserves an ambassador to educate others in defense of their God. It takes truth to do that well, and nobody should respect the power of truth like a Clandesta follower. Secrets, stealth, and misdirection are meant for the enemy.
I fully encourage you to explore the portfolio of your diety. I wouldn't suggest trying to find a means to deconstruct them so that they can be reconstructed to fit your argument, though. Because I could say "Nexus is the god of Chaos," and give you all kinds of reasons why... But it wouldn't be true.

I will leave this paper based discussion now, as we seem to be at a stalemate. If you wish to talk in person, I will be available next moon for conversation.