Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halcyon Party!!!!
Hello all, it's your friendly Halcyon cleric Raz. I know people have been discussing and wondering about this for a while now, but I am here to provide some answers about this party you have heard about.

Yes, there will be a party the upcoming moon. It is a dedication to Halcyon who, from what I understand, would like us to have fun and merriment, so a party will be thrown.

Now there are some things being debated about with this party. Right now, I planned on having the party after dinner on the second night, but if people would like this to be changed please feel free to let me know. I also would like different dishes and drinks brought for people to enjoy. If you are kind enough to offer such goods, we would all be grateful. I do plan on trying to find some form of specialty drink to bring and maybe some food if I can. I'm not known for my cooking, but doesn't mean I won't try to lend a hand.

Besides food, I'd also like to throw a couple games into this party as well. I've already had a couple ideas but would love to listen to any ideas you guys have. Two things I have thought of is the classic raffle: people donating items to be raffled off, I can think of a couple things I'd like to donate to the raffle if people are up for it. Another classic Halcyon party game is drinking. I thought of several ideas, like drunk obstacle courses, the spin and run challenge, the shot for shot duel, 3 legged man racing, you get the idea.

If you have anything you'd like to add to the party, whether it be food or fun, ideas or things you think should be changed, or general questions, send me a message or add to the board here. This party will be for all so bring your friends and loved ones, people you'd like to party with, whatever! It's all for good fun and a good cause. Thank you all ahead of time!

PS: If you can play music of any kind, I'd love to have you do so at the party. I'll make sure you can still have fun, but it would be greatly appreciated.
Praise Halcyon!
will there be shines for the goblins?
Well, I'd like this to be as peaceful as possible and if they want to come in and have a drink, I don't have a problem. However, as soon as they do something that causes trouble to the party, I'd like them to be bounced out. We probably could use a couple people to act as bouncers if things get a little too hectic, but this is for fun so hopefully that won't be needed.
would they be paid?
Most likely in some shape or form. Probably gold that I can give, though I don't know how much I will be able to. Maybe through some of the things happening at the party, like drinks or bonus stuff for the games. I'd like to discuss what people would like to do at the party more so than bouncers right now, however. That is an issue I think we will come across again when the party is more fully thought out.
no i meant the goblins. we pay them in drinks to not start problems
I should be able to make a stew
Anything you can do would be great thank you Kora. As for the goblins, as I'm sure the town has seen, I really don't mind them. If they want to drink, they can but like I said if they start harassing the people of the town or their visitors, they will be thrown out. And in all honesty, that would probably mean death as they are disliked by the town. So I would not like them to be there simply for the fact they will probably be killed for it. But, "if" all they did was come for a drink, sure let them be. Any problems, and I can honestly say the town will take care of it.
We should not encourage monsters to enter our tavern and town and to participate in our activities just for the sake of doing so.
It is not funny , not witty, not hilarious and not really even worth the breath for the retelling , IT IS DUMB AND DANGEROUS!!!
It has been written down many times And in many different drafts of our towns laws that monsters ARE NOT WELCOME!
So stop trying to encourage it.
Alright aright alright no goblins. The joke went longer than I wanted to anyway.

Now if we could get back to discussing the party I'd appreciate it. I've had someone mention to me about having the party at noon since we would not have to worry about lighting and have some food in between meals.

What do people think?