Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer Training, and Other News
As some of you already know, Aster has chosen me to be Rowan's Crossing's Champion
As such, I will be taking it upon myself to try and earn this title, and giving back to the town.
I have 3 things in mind that I encourage everyone, especially newcomers, to take part in

First, I will be teaching combat techniques in the field to those wishing to learn, this will range from the basics of defending yourself, to working together as a team, to advanced techniques.
I will do this about every day, around noon, for an hour, if good conditions allow. 

Second, after training, I would like to take time to discuss philosophy, and theology to those interested in learning. I will be in the field offering this, for about another hour if good conditions allow.

Lastly, I offer a bit of a game to anyone wishing to gain a boost to their ego. The game is simple, designed for combat, and ideally help in your skills. 
Rules are simple
1, every enemy you kill, is one point
2, every time you are stuck bleeding, take away one point 
3, every time you die, cut your total point in half rounding up 

There will be 3 sets of rewards set at 50, 100, and 500 points
I wish you the best of luck in my game, and will inform you of the many more to come 

And I would recommend, especially for newcomers, to join me during training
It will be a good introduction to town.
Another game for You!
Something for you sneaky types that like to lurk some
Here's what you'll need to play 
Bring clothes pins, those old heavy wooden ones. I'd say about 5
Now this is where things get tricky

If you can clip one of those pins to someone's back, no bottom of the shirt nonsense it's supposed to be a challenge, you earn a point. But if you can clip all 5 to someone's back and they don't catch you, 10 points!
Now, if you catch someone trying to clip you, you're part of the game now
I encourage you to yell at them, so everyone knows they botched it

To make it clear
The rules
1, get 5 clothes pins and have me sign them
2, clip them to your targets back to get 1 point (try to leave the pin too for a bit, so everyone sees)
3, if you clip all 5 clips on 1 target, you get 10 points!
4, if you're caught by your target, you should be yelled at!

There will be prizes for this as well, in the same sets as before, 50, 100, and 500 points

And don't forget, this is all in good fun
Happy clipping

Oh. Lady Aster made a brilliant point. If you have ideas for games, or thing mildly related to this, come find me in tavern and let's discuss it. If you have questions directly relating to what I said here, post them on up so the answers can be shared.
Question darkmoon. Are we counting it as gift of death to a creature for one point or will simply making it pass out near death count as a point?
Well, it would have to be a kill that sent them to death
Or else... well then you could just keep bleeding the same person, and that's cheating

"But what if I can't kill people?"
Then get better at it

"But I'm a light cleric, and killing is against my religion!"
So.. you shouldn't play the game I've made, and wait for the game in making for you!
Quote:"But I'm a light cleric, and killing is against my religion!"

Since when?  I have never heard of such a silly notion!

IPT
Oh! Ho ho!
Oh ho! Ho ho!
IPT, I don't think we've met
If we have, excuse my poor memory
Old age and all
But there are some who worship the undergods of light that refuse to kill
I can't argue it, not being terribly religious myself, so I just prepare the answer!