Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumors
Rowans Crossing,

I am tired.

I work relentlessly with my bar staff to keep the town hydrated, well fed, and in times of need, to add my coin to the town coffers and pay for our ventures.

I fight with you. I raise my sword to keep you all safe so that we can live and prosper in this town of ours.

I have, and always will, put the town’s interests to heart and before my own.
But you wound me, when I hear from whispers in town about rumors being spread.

I have been called greedy. That I hold onto the gold I earn and don’t spread the wealth in town. Have I not spent my gold on the town? For rituals? For Scouts meats? For the Emporium? For celebrations? Have I truly been such a greedy man to have such rumors reach my ears?

I wasn’t going to say anything. It was a small rumor, something I could shrug off and continue my work.

But now, after returning to town from a hunt I hear a new rumor, once again behind my back where I cannot defend myself.

So I write today to bring this rumor business to light and if whoever made this accusation to come and say it to my face THAT I’M A RAVAGER WORSHIPER.

How dare you spread such lies! After everything that’s happened and everything we’ve lost to the Ravager, to say that I worship him and not even have the decency to look me in the eye.
You must think yourself a brave soul trying to tarnish my name in the shadows.

If I haven’t made myself clear enough, I do not worship the Ravager. I don’t worship any God! Nor will I ever!
If any in town still have any doubts or questions about me, you can talk to me at the bar, send a letter, or write on this post directly. I don’t care which way you prefer, but I ask for the common curtsy to bring up talk about me to me, and not spread rumors behind my back.

Respectfully,
Feliks Grundwal
Barkeep of the Lazy Fox.
Leader of Boar Clan.
Warden to the Mistress of House Nightshadow. 
"Always charge, show no fear, and protect those who are dear."
Feliks and I disagree on plenty
But this...
He was one of those who fought hardest against the ravager and his ilk.
This is a disgusting rumor...
Feliks would never.
I call slander.
Feliks has done so much for this town.
A preposterous statement.
This is sick and uncalled for !! Feliks is no Ravager follower!!!
Feliks, let the rumors be. They are spread by cowards and lairs If someone had something to say they would. but they wispier.

as far as you being greedy, that is crazy. You give more to this town then anyone. Wealthy and greedy are too very different things, but they are easily confused.
Just about every person that I know of , who has run that bar has been accused at some point of being greedy simply because they have more coin than the rest of town , which is dumb.
Barkeeps work for their coin , they work very very hard to supply the town with drinks , food and companionship.
Feliks, I am shocked about the rumors.

Don't let the fault rumors make you give up, we got your back.

You make well supplies for what we need and you deserve well earn at fair prices. Someone has been butthurt and jealous of your success.

Ravager Worshiper? Again, someone been butthurt. Feliks would never do that, he fought hard against Ravager along with us.

To a person who responsible for the rumors, come and show yourself. If you can't, then we all know you are nothing, but so coward, hiding and butthurt.
By the authority vested in me, by Lady Aster, my duties as this settlement's Justicar require me to investigete this. Allow me to announce one thing first. No one is currently accused of anything in the eyes of the town. If you have been found to bare false witness and are found to be a "rumor-monger", contrary to the past, you will be held accountable for your words and will be punished accordingly. If the townsfolk would be so kind as to make themselves available for questioning, I would be truely grateful. The faster we put this to rest, the sooner we can get back to more pressing matters, for example the inter-planer beings that want to bring about yet another cataclysm. Any questions, please send a courier, or chat me up here in the tavern when I come for a drink.

-Khan