Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praise Urgo!
Soon we will arrive at our new town when we do the first saturday i will be holding a service for Urgo at noon! I hope everyone will try and make it. The location is to be determind so please find me after we arrive so that I can let you know when I have found a location for it.

Additionaly around the time we get there it will be close to the 14th day of the third month which of course is Pi day a day to celebrate Urgo. So after the service i would like to have a small celebration in honor of the upcoming day if anyone has any ideas or would like to participate please let me know!
THERES A DAY THAT CELEBRATES PIE?!
Selysa, i see your confusion, but I did not mispell. Pi is the symbol on the book in the symbol of Urgo. Pi is the mathimatical symbol for the ratio of of a circles circumference to its diameter. What is interesting about this number is that it is seemingly infinite because no one has found its end. It being placed on the book represents how knowlage is similar in being finite yet no one ever being able to learn it all thus it never ends. Pi day is a day to praise Urgo for this gift of seemingly infinite knowlage.
Heard an Urgo Priest say that Pi contained a numerical representation for all things, of all time
That ever happened, that ever existed, that will come to be
It's a pleasant thought
That is a wonderfull explanation. What was the name of this Urgo priest? Is he around here or was he from before the ravaging?
Pi? The answer to all things?
I do not wish to be imposing, but, I think you may of misheard the man. It is a common mistake. Pi is a valuable number series in geometric, however the number series which you are referring to, as the possible explanation to all things is actually Phi. 1.618

It's counterpart ratio of the gold mean when physically drawn as lines by relative value separated by congruent right angles it creates pattern found throughout nature in ever living being. 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21... It is extremely useful in the explanation of many things, from geometric structure, attraction, and so forth. In a way it can be used to explain many things; however i you wish to explain the past and the future you must use a new kind of math entirely, Chaos mathematics. My favorite.
valuable in geometry*)
it creates a pattern found through nature in every living being*)
if you wish*)
Agathorn I belive you may have misunderstood what he said. I do not belive he ment to imply that Pi is the anwser to everything but rather a numerical REPRESENTATION of everything. Let me explain.
Pi as we understand it now has no end and does not loop back on its self so if it continues in this way it will contain every possible combination of numbers that has exsisted and will exsist. Thus in numerical terms it can stand as a representation of everything past present and future but not an explanation of everything.
On another note i would like to let people know i have decided on some games to play after the Urgo service to celebrate Pi day.
1. Triva on the gods prize golden feather bookmark
2. Solve the most riddles. Prize small owl totem
3. Pie eating contest between two contestants drawn at random prize small leather bound journel
Pi is not the only irrational number, Phi is as well infinite and all encompassing.
I found the matter to be less of one of correction and more of an opportunity to segway into a brief education of additional interesting and important numbers. Pi is more commonly used in everyday mathematics, whereas numbers such as Phi tend to remain unknown to people other than scholars, which is a pity, really, knowledge is a wonderful thing and we should all strive to learn as much as we can.