Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magistrate
I don't think this discussion needs more nominations to expand it. Lady Aster has given those she chooses from, this discussion should be focused on the opinions of those candidates. Regardless of the worry of hurt feelings.
currently the new nominations that I'm accepting that have been posted here are
Feliks
Lazerous
Rogun
At this time I am still accepting nominations. Above are who have been accepted by me as nominees.
If the town wants me as magistrate I will accept the position. Because my hat is in I will not be giving an opinion in any official capacity due to not wishing to interfere with the electoral process. However I am also fine if it is wished to be the candidates solely presented by Aster.
I am honored to be considered a candidate, thank you for the opportunity. 

Many of the towns folk know me, many have an opinion of me. I am over zealous, ill tempered and caught up in my own views. I can't argue these things too much, but that isn't what this is about.

If chosen I would be taking on the role of Magistrate, though my own views and opinions would help shape investigation and how I handled the job, in the end I would be upholding the laws and views those in change of the town set forth. 

I am zealous, and I would be zealous in maintaining Law and order in the ways the leadership set forth. I would make sure to maintain open dialogue with the town and leadership. Making sure to defend my points and use my own opinion and views, while maintaining the neutrality ono must when upholding the law. 

I only wish to see this place flourish and grow, people should already know my loyalty to this place and it's people, I would lay my life down to see this place safe With or without this title.
Whoever becomes the new magistrate has big expectations. The best thing about having Khan as the magistrate was that he looked at the town as his family, his kits, and if someone came in to harm us, he was the mama they'd have to answer too. He wasn't soft on his punishments and he was quick on his decisions.

I feel that many people lack those abilities. I can't say I'm surprised, and I'm definitely not impressed. This is just what I think though, and one person's opinions hardly change a groups when it comes down to a voting.

Hopefully the new magistrate will impress me.
Good luck.
I wouldn't consider magistrate to be a position of power.
Authority, and responsibility, but not power.
Captain of the town guars, or, "champion " is the worst job in town, but magistrate isn't a heck of a lot better.
(02-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cholehedgehog Wrote: currently the new nominations that I'm accepting that have been posted here are
Feliks
Lazerous
Rogun

Felix is to nice. He feels bad for people, and he is to trusting.
Rogun could die of old age before we get to the town.
Lazarus,  I agree with my previous statement,  but also his.
I would also like to nominate Loki for this position.
In the passing of the mantle it seems very fitting to me for her to take on the responsibility.

Khan taught Loki a great deal of what she knows, and even more so than I can attest to.
He had even spoke of how, though a student to him, she had surpassed him and became a master outside his own reach.
I have watched her take responsibility before the town, wielding his blade with a matched fervor to his own.
I have known her to provide for those who need it, to be kind when it's deserved, but always careful and calculative with her actions and own judgments. She is never far when in need, is always ready to join our sides be it in battle or to retrieve something as simple as a dragonfly. She is a reliable person, well known, and well taught. 

I would stand behind her as a Magistrate to this town and I would not think twice to it.
So if I may what is the purpose  of  the magistrate  as you all see it ?  Because in most places I have been  the magistrate  has been a big man usually shrewd  and angry . Jowls seemingly part of his personality .  Almost always behind a podium.  Far from a warrior . Clever merciless and knowledgeable  of the law of his land. But far from a warrior..  nor would he need to be  to my understanding  a magistrate  administrates justice and law NOT executes it.  That's what the gaurd and or executioner  is for.