Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magistrate
(02-23-2018, 01:15 AM)Barthiouse Wrote: So if I may what is the purpose  of  the magistrate  as you all see it ?  Because in most places I have been  the magistrate  has been a big man usually shrewd  and angry . Jowls seemingly part of his personality .  Almost always behind a podium.  Far from a warrior . Clever merciless and knowledgeable  of the law of his land. But far from a warrior..  nor would he need to be  to my understanding  a magistrate  administrates justice and law NOT executes it.  That's what the gaurd and or executioner  is for.

True.
Magistrate here has always taken on a wider role, being what we are, it's needed. Maybe one day it will be several people in the process, for now they are judge and executioner if needed.
No, the executioner was simply Khan being Khan.
And people let him.
I simply wish to say that when you put the judge in charge of the whole process of law. interpretation administration and execution it becomes too easy to have justice without order. Law without care for freedom. In the years time I've been here there have been no trials no last words no questions. For the most part bame then death. For someone who values personal freedom this kind of law isn't Nemus and Nexus at work it's Tempesta and Kull .
And it inspires fear
Executioner was the wrong term, they've acted as a single entity. crimes where one is put to death for it, would be decided by lady Aster, the magistrate would be the one to investigate these crimes and aid our lady, they would only handle smaller crimes and issues. It is not inspired by kull and tempesta. Do not insult us
Barthiouse has a good point. He's not wrong for saying the things he's said, and is free to do so in this discussion for the next Magistrate.

Let him express his concerns, and let us work forward to fixing these problems instead of making excuses for them.

Respectfully,
I didn't realize this conversation became what the next magistrates duties are. I thought we were to discuss WHO our next one was.
You're right Laz. Ultimately we are here to discuss who the next Magistrate should be, and voice our opinions to Lady Aster so that she can make a decision, that she and the town feel confident in.

Who the next Magistrate is and what their duties entail go hand in hand. If there are concerns of what the last Magistrate did and how we should improve on that, that should be part of this discussion to help pick the best candidate for the job.

If you have ideas or opinions regarding the Magistrate position, or an opinion on who you think is right for the job, you should say so. If you're trying to muscle through opinions of other towns members, I'm not budging.

Respectfully,
I am by no means trying to muscle, but a question by Lady Aster was asked, one we should focus on. If there is a real need for how the position should operate, I think it should happen separately. So there is a clear conversation for both, too often discussion here devolves away from the topic. Leaving the point lost.
Then who do you think should be the next Magistrate?