Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magistrate
One thing to be aware of is that we do not have a town of 200 people.

On our best days there is about 40 of us gathered.

We're not large. Having multiple people working on one issue of passing judgement on a towns member is not acceptable.

Our numbers are small. It really shouldn't be this hard to expect people to play nice and have this Magistrate rarely be called to action.
you are of course right lady Aster, but what we do today effects tomorrow. I know it is hard to see from where we stand now but what we do in this new place is a beginning. we have 40 now but what about in 5 years 10 , 20 , 100 ? What we set as rule now becomes tradition in the future. and tradition is hard to break.
and i did not mean to insult I apologize
I shall drop my philosophical pandering now for many are right i suppose this is not the space to debate law but to choose a new magistrate
To answer who I think would be a good Magistrate, and with the hopes of not sounding pretentious. Myself, to be honest. I've studied law most of my adult life, Cadoc was aiding in training me in her ways as well. I know people think I will be quick to act, and harsh with my punishment. That will not be the case, this is not the type of work that you are brash and rush in. I've every intention of looking into and investigating the crimes and issues brought to me, to make sure each person is fairly treated as well.

I am loyal to this town and it's people, I've no intention of abusing my power or leaning my views onto the populace. I intend to uphold the laws as they are written, and give my views on things I may disagree with if I see merit in such. If selected I've the intention of aiding Lady Aster by handling those items that don't warrant her attention. By keeping order and safety in town, and by aiding towns folk when small disputes come up. Being able to be an arbiter for those situations.