Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Magistrate 1518
After much discussion and weighing of choices I have made my decision for who will be Magistrate. 

I have spoken with the nominees and they have given me much to think about, so I thank each one of them for their help in this choice. 

Starting this March my Magistrate will be,

Agathorn Asalor

He is a person that has shown passion in protecting his allies and a passion for fighting for what is right and wrong. 

He holds laws and oaths to a high standard and meticulously plans out moves before he executes them. 

He is a person that is always thinking and always trying to see the viewpoint of each side

These are qualities that I will not overlook just because he and I have had differences in the past. 

The Laws that Agathorn will be working with are what Khan and Cadoc have worked with. 

High Crimes Including but not limited to
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murder.
Kidnapping.
Heresy, being the worship, following, or aiding of any dark god or fiend.
Slavery.
Treason, including the aiding of enemies.
Conspiracy against the town and it’s residence.
Destruction of Artifacts. Evil Artifacts will be disposed of after inspection and identification.
Destruction of Lore.

Low Crimes Including but not limited to
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assault.
Burglary.
Theft.
Fraud.
Tax Evasion.
Withholding crucial information or knowledge from the town with ill intent.
Necromancy, specifically used in aiding undead beings.
Destruction of personal property.
Kale also worked with those laws, and wrote them.
Last gathering, while outnumbered by enemies, Agathorn and I fought together.
My swords were destroyed, but he threw me his, knowing he would soon perish because it was tactically the best move.
I and many others have had issues with him in the past, but I feel he is a good choice.
Congratulations Agathorn.

I wish you luck in your new position in town.

Respectfully,
Good Luck Magistrate.
Good luck. This is a large task.
I was looking over the laws and was curious are there any set repercussion for these crimes or are they decided after the fact? If so who is in charge of deciding the repercussions?
I was curious of the same.
Yes, if you don't tell Agathorn before you murder someone, that is a no-no.
But I'm trying to see if "whoops" is a viable excuse
Arthur, why would there be set fines?
All crimes are different.
In a way certain crimes are different but slavery is slavery no matter how you look at it same with murder, I don’t care about your motive is if you kill a member or ally of this town without permission from the leaders it’s murder.
But of course I am not an official of this town and don’t pretend like I can tell you how to run your system of law. I was just curious if there were known punishments for the crimes set forth as I have seen in previous towns I have visited.