Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magistrate
In light of recent events and after careful consideration,
I, Agathorn Asalor, hereby defer my title and duties of Magistrate to Evandra Ebonhart.
I think she is a fair choice.
Let's see how she does.
(05-08-2018, 04:06 PM)TheLoreWeaver Wrote: I, Agathorn Asalor, hereby defer my title and duties of Magistrate to Evandra Ebonhart.

Not to say that this is a bad choice or anything but since you were voted into your position, shouldn't the individual who's taking your place be voted on as well?
There was no vote on the position of magistrate; rather, the town voted for a leader a year or so back. It now falls under the leaders duties to make such decisions as a sovereign agent based upon meritocratic values. In order to achieve this our leader hosted public discussion after consulting with their counsel. She than took into account all concerns, pros & cons, and data presented, than further consulted with their counsel, before assessing the summation of all the information gathered in order to designate her choice based upon whom she saw most fit according to the data collected.

This is a favorable system over democracy as voting does not produce value and reward merit, instead it produces an appeasement of the lowest common denominator. This is highly effective in governments where the point of the government is to pacify it's population into mindless subservience in the interest of a higher power such as theocracy or even corpratocracy, however, as we are a small town of highly involved individuals we can use a more sophisticated governmental structure where our voices are actually heard, acknowledged and given individual weight based upon merit. It also presents mod-mentality, popularity bias, and general dumb-EXPLETIVE.
My mistake. I was under the impression that your title was determined upon a tally of votes.
So, to shorten it, Aster decided!

And, stuff about how voting is a popularity contest and we pick our friends over who's a good choice.

Which is how Agathorn became magistrate in the first place.

What Im curious about is what does Evandra know about being magistrate at all? If she's been taught from Agathorn im sorry but I have my doubts. Does Aster know about this really? I feel like if anyone should have announced this it should be her.
I'm curious, Agathorn. Is this a choice that you are solely making or did you get this approved directly by Aster first?
Aster chose you as her magistrate, she will choose your replacement. Anything else shouldn't stand.
I agree also with Lazerous. The position should be decided by our leader, for our leader decided for you to have the position.

Things like this should take time, no? Not an immediate replacement. I do not think Evandra is incapable of this position, but I do think this should be decided on a bigger scale other than a:
"And now you're the magistrate."
So, this isn't how Magistrate works.

You're not the Town Leader, you can't just defer your position to someone else without the leader's say so, and as far as I have seen and heard - you have none of that backing your decision to pass on your little matchlight torch. Evandra has done nothing to prove herself worthy magistrate material in my eyes, she's a great person, I love her, but she doesn't have the personality and fire I expect of a Magistrate. Who knows, maybe it's something she could do given the chance - but that's not your decision. And based on your past performance in town, your OPINION to me is worth less a skeleton's sock!

You stood by with your hands up and did nothing when people were attacked, you laughed with murder and then quickly backtracked to save face and throw others under the horse's hooves. You criticize and nitpick the silliest of things while other people go behind the back of the town and sell us out. OH nevermind, I guess that's ok when you're the Magistrate, huh? Woweee!

But what does my opinion count?
I'm just a liiiiiar aren't I?

How do I properly write a raspberry?
I'm just going to spit on the paper. You get the idea.
c:

I wish I didn't dislike you this much.
You were so much fun before all of this!