Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Endeavor and Project!
For All Who are Interested!

The compilation of knowledge for a Bestiary is under way!

If you have any of the following
Information
Stories
Tactical Knowledge
Tips and Tricks
On how to handle the different beasts, creatures, and constructs that we face. 
Please send me a letter or talk to me in person.

This will help the town in greatly improving our collective defensive capabilities and
in having more common knowledge for any and all who join our humble township. 

If you are interested in assisting me in this endeavor beyond just sharing your tales,
please let me know!

I would be happy to assist you in this endeavor. We should get together next gathering and discuss this over a pint. I would also love a copy for our town library.
I think it would be good to discuss some things we see here.

I know particular entries I'm interested in hearing about are Shades, Banshees, giants and many more

I do have a story of a banshee that haunted Rowans Crossing. I'll write something up soon.
Back in Rowan's Crossing, before the poisonous gas had us all flee, there was a Banshee that haunted the grounds. Her incorporeal body was left hanging in the tavern for all to see and none of us could get down. For many nights some spirits would come in and take the body down and carry her to the crypt in the woods. There her spirit would switch with her physical body and the Banshee would come out. Moments later we would see her in her white dress emerge from the tree line being followed by a horde of undead. Though I should note that these undead were not like the common ones we see, these bodies were all pristine as if they had just died moments ago.

The town would know the Banshee was coming because of the blood curdling screams that she would let out and dressed in white or something similar to a wedding dress. If you are ever close enough to one be sure to have multiple spell resists because one hit from her magic and you will find yourself waking up at Death’s doorway. As for fighting one to get it to leave town I am not to sure on. I know Raynor has defeated one through combat, maybe he can add to this.

But fighting one and getting it to leave through combat does not mean that a Banshee won’t return. This Banshee returned frequently no matter how many times we beat her down with swords. We were not sure how to handle this until we met with ghosts that were bound to the tavern. This is how I met Ruben.

Through the year I learned about Ruben and the other ghosts that were stuck between the plane of living and dead. One night a woman medium named Cheryl came to town saying that she needed to show us something through a seance. She summoned the spirits and we got to see the final moments of a bride.

Ruben was to marry a woman named Ophelia but on the night of their wedding she showed up in her wedding dress and a womb filled with child. The guests were perplexed as Ophelia was not pregnant days before. The town accused Ophelia of having the seed of a Fiend, so in a violent turn of events they pinned her to the ground and cut open her stomach to find that she indeed was carrying a Fiend child. From there the child was slain with a dagger and they dragged Ophelia’s bleeding body to a noose and hung her in the tavern where she was to be married.
That night Ophelia became a Banshee.

Months later through a series of unfortunate events with a Gypsy Fiend Caravane, Khan found a peculiar “item” in a tent. It was a mummified body of an infant. We decided to take a gamble that this was the child that was ripped away from Ophelia. From there the town devised a plan to reunite the Banshee Ophelia with her child. When we heard her coming to the tavern we laid the mummy on a pillow and left it out so Ophelia would find it and something surprising happened. She stopped screaming and slowly walked up to the infant, picked it up and held it like a mother would. All this happened while the undead were fighting the towns members so through dodging hits I tried to keep an eye on Ophelia.

Once reunited with her child she turned around and left the tavern, I bobbed and weaved to get past the undead until I finally broke out of the tavern, I could see Ophelia in her white dress half way across the field headed to the woods. I sprinted after her but tried to make sure she would not notice I was tailing her. We reached the crypt, I layed on the ground in some brush and just watched her, in the pitch black I tried to see what was happening. After a while of silence I summoned the courage to stand up and creep closer to the grave. I called out to Ophelia but there was no response. I was petrified, I was alone and I was in the dark. Moments later Rook and Kugo showed up to check on me and that is when I decided to stop looking for Ophelia in the woods.  That is the last I saw of her and the Banshee did not attack Rowan’s Crossing again. Although the hordes of crisp undead still came, but that is another story to tell.

From this encounter I learned that to truly get rid of a Banshee she needs to fulfill her unfinished business so that she may carry on.

As for the other ghosts that are stuck in Rowan’s Crossing Tavern I was not able to lift their Curse and it fills me with grief.

Ruben, if you can read this I am truly sorry I was not able to help you and lift the curse off of you and the others. If the situation arises I will lift it.
Hello Stranger!
This is a most interesting project you are seeking to undertake and I would love to speak with you on how I might be able to help, or in the very least, learn alongside you.
I've become familiar in deigning dossiers and readily accessed codices in my travels, and would love to be of a service.
I will instruct a raven to deliver my current wereabouts to you, so that we may speak in detail.

Signed,
Everra'lithiri
I remember that someone had started to make a bestiary, but that went nowhere. I'm not sure if someone has a copy of the previous attempt though.
I would be happy to add any information I could to this. When I get the chance I will send you a letter on some of the creatures we have dealt with in the past. I hope it helps!