Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might & Magic I
so why not throw water at them. it will at least cause their shield to rust
(10-02-2016, 04:17 PM)Collin Darkwood Wrote: Two people with shields trying to hit each other in the torso will get dull fast. Good luck.

This brings up a good point. We may impose a rule stating that shields may not be used in the dueling portion or eliminate the torso strike requirement, in what case strikes against the torso would last the entire event against the health of the contestant and strikes on the limbs would be recovered granted they win the duel!
I strongly disagree with this contest given the numerous dangers in town we should not exhaust ourselves seeing who has the strongest sword arm. Organized town practice is one thing for it is to ensure our safety against the forces of evil knocking on and inhabiting our tavern. Furthermore this contest would be unwise as it would showcase our fighting ability to any would be enemy who wishes to pay a small sum. It would also put further separation in an already divided town. I understand your gladiatorial needs for glory but practice caution in the way that you implement it.
i had the same thoughts too, but people are people. also what are they going to learn? who's a ankle-biter and who throws projectile refreshments. but lets look on the bright side, what they'll only find out is who gets the most lucky shots. we're not fighting to kill each other in this little brawl, it's not a fight to the death where combatants will use everything they got up there sleeves just to survive
The hunt for glory is a battle fought by many Moulder. It takes many styles and degrees of effort, but make no mistake those who wish to win this tournament will use all they have to secure victory. This leads to numerous problems if a nefarious bystander decides to come take a look see. 1. they will think us weak due to our lack of skill and effort or the simple fact that these gladiator matches are pathetic duels with practice blades, and thus making them all the more inclined to attempt to kill us. 2. the efforts of a few shine through the the enemy now has detailed information of our strongest fighters. This would make those individuals special targets when planning an attack on the town. We have enemies surrounding us and you wish to showcase your skills for a few coins. This town needs battle training not an arena display for all to come and watch. If you have any further arguments to bring to me then by all means send a courier to me, but this folly should end or I pity those who are targeted as a result of their display.
So these aren't fights to the death?
And here I thought fighting pits were entertaining.
I have heard your concerns and do now wish to inform you that the games will only be held if a general interest is expressed in them. The games will be limited in action and weapon and so will not properly display the skill of our fighters when armed with their own choice armaments. To observe and strategize a targeted assault based on the outcome of the battles would be ill advised as, to start with one fights a duel quite differently than they do a field of battle. Additionally it is likely not all our warriors would be joining the contest. Nor would the contest discover the greatest fighter for it is one of might and not wit.

The wise man shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be. My kin taught often that your best weapon should be your mind and wit.

To satisfy other stated concerns I may be opening the training sessions with The Murder to the township should more of my warriors arrive. We focus on close team work and controlling the battle field.
I have had my share of blood and sand and while I am aware your words are of harmless jest, I will take time to iterate that none who wish not to fight shall be forced. The battles will not be to the death, however if an agreement was broached I would gladly host one such duel barring not weapon nor ability.

I myself will likely not step foot upon the sands and host the games only for the entertainment and enjoyment of the township.
This sounds like fun! Don't let one fuddie-duddie spoil it! Have some confidence, my good man! It is just one dissenting voice in the crowd.

The masses will absolutely love it! Most fun-loving people adore action and displays of martial prowess!