Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town's Trust
Im amazed how toxic these boards can get over the simplest of things.

5 gatherings sounds a bit too lenient though in my opinion. In my opinion, it should be 3. 3 chances to be a good towns member and donate 1 WHOLE GOLD.

I mean hell, I bury dead things for a living and even I can afford that. If you're poorer than a gravedigger, you're doing something wrong.
What is this coffer to be used for? Is it solely for the ritual of leadership that malachite gave us last gathering? Does the clerics guild not ask for donations to it's coffers to further the mystical studies? Does the mages guild not request that we give to it's coffers to further our arcane prowess? The merchants cartel i have heard of wishes a small donation so as to further trade within the town. All these coffers in town requiring gold for a reason and yet this one i see which maybe the most important one is without such a reason. Make no mistake i can and will pay the tax but i do not see the point in doing so. 
Will this town coffer be accessable to anyone who needs it. Let's say the arcane artisan guild has come into town and have a rather nice magic sword. I check the price and i am 10 gold short...Would i be able to assess the town coffer to obtain an item that would help the town? Perhaps a more abstract idea. Anyone remember fennel the fox? He wanted gems or he would kill us all with a horrible beast. What of someone where to attempt such a thing with gold and proved that he could destroy us? Would the town coffer be used for this? 
I do not wish to start a riot but rather i want reasons because this tax, which is what it is there is no point in calling it donation, will cause unrest in due time if the money is never touched accept to do malachite's ritual. Well that's my two cents.
Not to be rude, but just to clarify
The Cartel doesn't ask for donations
That is all, carry on
The town has numerous expenses.
I see no reason to list them all.
Till this point those expenses have been paid by only a few people for the betterment of everyone.
This will hopefully change that.
You're all missing the point!
WHAT IF SOMEONE STEALS PORTHOS?
Ransom! Aureus' belly! How are you!
HI SCOOT!
I'm great!
Mad, but at least I'm happy mad! GLAD!
Still glad at the town. I won't mention names but you're all former Council members, except Aster. You guys can eat my unwashed socks for what you did. In fact, I will be sending them through courier. And if ANY of you try to ask me for weapons or armor or anything in between, I promise I will MAKE them out of my socks. And if I run out of socks, I'll buy MORE socks and I'll wear them and I will march through that field on a rainy day with no boots to make SURE they're gross.

Other than that though, I'm good Smile
If it gets stolen, and it found that someone could have protected it better, than I will pay it back!!
Also if your are looking for other ways to pay, think DEATH TOKENS!
I think the trust is a great idea, we have plenty of independently wealthy people, though now it's time to grow the towns wealth.
My gosh, that is the most annoying to read....

and some of our townsfolk been more stupid than goblins.